Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Commending for President Duterte


October 18, 2020

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte

Malacanang Palace, J.P Laurel St., San Miguel, Manila, Philippines


Dear Mr. President,

              I cannot able to vote yet but in the 2016 presidential election my family and I rooted for you. We heard so many things about you from  when you are still in Davao . We thought that you would be different from the past leaders we had who were traditional politicians. Many people are against you but we wanted to give you a chance. Your plans for the country were promising. We were expectant that the Philippines would be a better place to live in with you as its leader.

               When the COVID-19 pandemic started to invade our country, we were hopeful that you would be on top of everything. But as we watched you address your countrymen in light of the situation, our hearts sank. We expected better from you. Must it be your age, or maybe your health? Or perhaps the people surround you? We do not know. But we still kept on believing and hoping. We continued to trust and respect you because we believe that we are called to honor our leaders.

               President Duterte, many people think and speak ill of you. I understand them. People are hurting. People are suffering. But to speak ill of you, even if you have broke my heart many times, is the last thing I will do because I know that you love your people and you want what’s best for them. Will you prove me right? I’m rooting for you.

References:https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/09/02/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/an-open-letter-to-the-president/762328/

                      http://www.philippineshonolulu.org/philippines-honolulu/about-the-philippines-honolulu/the-president-25/the-president-7/

7 comments:

  1. I hope President Duterte will read your message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, how things were handled in this situation were diffiicult. May we be able to find light even in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Reivner! I like how you show your respect towards him even if you are hurt by what the president is doing to the people. Therefore, I am also sad because we both rely on the change he said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I want to salute you for showing compassion for our leader, who had been attempting to improve our country.But these past events was depressing.Let's hope that the president would do something better for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, he have tons of mistakes and misdoings and people should not disrespect and hate him. He is trying his hardest and best to improve and help our country yet all he get are complaints and criticism, just like us, he is also just a human being who can commit errors and mistakes. I love that you still believe on our President and showed some big support and respect towards him. Let's just hope that he can handle us better and go to the correct path.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I apprecieate how the blogger still believes and is still rooting for the president even if he had realized some of the presidents downfall, I agree that even with all the good and bad things Duterte implemented we should also try to understand him and try to support him because he has a huge role to our country and I believe no one can do things all by himself

    ReplyDelete

Save our Ecosystem

The waste problem is one of the endless environmental problems. Over time and the flourishing of industrialization, more than hundreds of to...